Kayak Fishing Tour FAQ
Booked your lesson you wonder what's next? Here is a simple FAQ so you know what to expect
We are using Hobie Compass Duos, one of the most stable 2 seater kayaks in the world! They are feet operated and there's enough space to fit a 15-20L ice box at the back. There's also front space where you can store your items at the bow of the kayak.
1. Meeting Point and Timing:
- Pasir Ris Kokomo Beach Club (Nearest Carpark at Pasir Ris Park Carpark E, Free parking only at Pasir Ris Park Carpark F)
- Map Location Here
- Be there at 745am for the safety briefing, the tour will start at 8am and end at 2pm
- Long Sleeved Shirt (UV protective wear recommended) and UV leggings or long sleeved pants (waterproof)
- Sandals/Slippers/Water Shoes
- Neck Buff and Sunglasses (Optional)
**For Nov-Dec period, its a good idea to bring raincoats/windbreakers in case it suddenly rains during the tour. Also, keep your valuables in dry bags (or with our guide)
3. What else to bring
- Packed Lunch (Light snacks, sandwiches, salads are recommended)
- Water (minimally 1.5-3L per person - depending on body weight)
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 and above)
- Drybag/Bag to keep your belongings
- Change of clothes (Optional)
- Icebox (Optional)
Leave the rest of the items to us: We will provide not only the kayaks, but the live vests, landing nets, the rods, reels, rigs, sinkers, live bait, fish stringers and keepnet/live-well for live bait.
4. What to expect
- We will kick off the tour with a safety briefing by the guide. At this stage do highlight to him your fitness level or declare any pre-existing injuries/conditions that you have so we can better watch out for you.
- This will then be followed up by equipment orientation (for both the kayaks and the fishing equipment)
- Route: Depending on the participants' fitness level, we may explore the pasir ris shores and kelongs (est. 3-4km distance) or go to west ubin (est. 5-6km distance) or all the way to east ubin (est. 6-7.5km). Also, please take note that going to Ubin is contingent on the weather conditions. If the winds are too strong and it is not safe to cross the channel, we may take an alternative route (remain at pasir ris or go to Coney Island). Most of the time we will go for the west ubin route - if all conditions are right.
- Lunch Break will be around 1130-1230pm - we may get onto shore for a short while for a toilet break and to have lunch.
- Tour will end at 2pm, after which you may wash up at the facilities nearby. All non-juvenile fishes may be brought home to enjoy. We try to release the juveniles and the breeding female fishes to conserve the environment.
- In the event of inclement weather, the guide will assess the situation and can either take shelter at nearby kelongs or on shore.
- In case of capsize or injury, the guide will perform the rescue and perform basic first aid - also, depending on the severity of injuries the guide has every right to halt the tour (including fishing) temporarily and resume the activity once the situation/incident has resolved and all participants are safe. We have had 0 capsizes and 0 fatal incidents to date, lets keep it that way!
*Please try to take good care of all the equipment you are handling, be it the kayaks, the mirage drive feet operated system, kayak rudder, rods, reels, nets - we will try our best to cover some of the costs for small and minor items but there may be a replacement fee levied if any of the major items/parts are damaged beyond repair.