Pier Fishing FAQ
Booked your lesson you wonder what's next? Here is a simple FAQ so you know what to expect
1. Meeting Point and Timing:
- Bedok Jetty Pier (Nearest Car Park - either East Coast Park Carpark E2 or East Coast Park Carpark F2)
- Map Location Here
- Meet 5 minutes before the lesson start time (which has been arranged with you earlier).
- Call the guide once you reach the jetty and we will tell you which point to meet.
- Neck Buff and Sunglasses (Optional)
- **For Nov-Dec period, its a good idea to bring raincoats/windbreakers in case it suddenly rains. Also, keep your valuables in dry bags (or with our guide)
3. What else to bring
- Water (minimally 0.5-1L per person - depending on body weight)
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 and above)
- Small bucket (Optional but highly popular with kids - to observe the small fishes caught)
- Bag to keep your belongings
Leave the rest of the items to us: We will provide the rods, reels, pliers, scissors, rigs, sinkers, bait.
4. What to expect
- We will kick off the lesson by introducing the basic setup, we will then show you how to properly hold the rod/reel, put the baits on and do basic fishing from shore.
- All non-juvenile fishes may be brought home to enjoy. We try to release the juveniles and the breeding female fishes to conserve the environment.
- In the event of inclement weather, the guide will assess the situation and can either take shelter at the jetty shelters.